Simply put, AXXIS™Axxis offers:
- Improved vibration and air blast control
- Finer, more consistent fragmentation
- Better grade control
- Flexible timing designs
- Simplified stock control
- Safer operation
- Mitigate unknown pre-blast issues common to Shocktubes
A better blast translates to:
- Higher load rates
- Higher mill throughput
- Increased primary crusher throughput
- Reduced Mill energy consumption
- Less grade loss from dilution
- Lower coal losses
Improved vibration and air blast control
The high accuracy of AXXIS™ means that detonators fire exactly at their designed firing time.
Firing times can be designed to minimise constructive interference in directions toward vibration sensitive areas.
Finer, more consistent fragmentation
Blastmap III makes designing complex blasting patterns easy, and the precise firing ensures uniform, predictable outcomes.
Higher crusher throughput
Finer, more consistent fragmentation translates to higher load rates, more consistent crusher throughput, and lower crusher energy consumption.
Better Grade Control
Complex timing designs make it possible to ensure displacement along the strike of the ore body, separate ore from waste. Higher accuracy reduces blaster human error.
- Each AXXIS™ detonator can be programmed for a firing time of 0 to 10,000 ms at 1ms intervals, therefore giving 10,000 delay options per stock item
- Shocktube initiation systems need multiple stock items for only very few delay options, thus limiting flexibility
- A change to timing design in a Shocktube system often requires stock to be used up (or discarded) before the change can be implemented
- Two way communication identifies damaged detonators prior to blasting
- Communication is encoded so only correct, validated (brand and version) equipment can fire detonators
- No risk from radio interference
- High resistance to external electrical energy; a Shocktube can be fired at 2,500V, whereas EDD’s are resilient to over 30,000V
- Separate capacitors power the micro-processor and fire the fusehead
- User-controlled use through unique PIN codes